6KG DRY POWDER FIRE EXTINGUISHER
Standard dry powder extinguishers are also called ‘ABC’ extinguishers because they tackle class A, B and C fires, however they are not recommended for use in enclosed spaces. This is because the powder can be easily inhaled, and also the residue is very difficult to clean up after. ABC powder extinguishers can also be used on some electrical fires. Specialist dry powder extinguishers are used for flammable metals.
Dry powder extinguishers smother fires by forming a barrier between the fuel and the source of oxygen.
– Organic materials such as:
o Paper and cardboard
o Fabrics and textiles
o Wood and coal
– Flammable liquids, like paint and petrol
– Flammable gases, like liquid petroleum gas (LPG) and acetylene
– Fires involving electrical equipment up to 1000v
Specialist dry powder extinguishers are only used on flammable metals, such as titanium and magnesium.
Types of premises/business who may need Dry Powder extinguishers:
– Businesses using flammable gases for chemical processes
– Premises where welding and flame cutting takes place
– Garage forecourts
– Liquid petroleum gas (LPG) dispensing plants
– Premises with large, commercial boiler rooms
Out of stock
Due to the ongoing global inconveniences to businesses caused by COVID-19 and as a measure to comply with MoH directives and also to prevent the spread of Corona Virus we will be closed effective Friday 10th March 2020 at 7:00am until further communicated. Kindly note no any order will be serviced until when we re-open. We are advising clients not to make any order via the website and not to make any payments for their order prior to us resuming. Any payments made within this time will be refunded once we open the business